How to Make Chocolate Truffles
Let the Author of the bestseller the All Inclusive Diet and Lifestyle Coach KJ Simpson and Mandy show you how to a healthy treat–chocolate truffles!
Today we’re going to sweeten things up a little bit. We’re making truffles, chocolate truffles!
The secret behind these creamy, chocolate truffles is a powerful, healthy ingredient: avocado!
Did you know? Avocados are very high in potassium, which supports healthy blood pressure levels.
What you’ll need:
1 ripe, medium avocado
½ cup dates, soaked and drained
¼ cup dark cocoa powder + 2 T reserved for dusting
1 ½ T melted coconut oil
1 ½ T coconut flour
Dash of sea salt
Place all ingredients into a blender (except for the 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, which are reserved for dusting). Blend on high for 5 minutes or until silky smooth. Prepare an assembly line with a plate and a parchment paper. Tape the paper down to prevent it from moving. Sprinkle it with the 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder.
Scoop one tablespoon of the batter and roll into a ball. Roll the ball over the cocoa powder on the parchment paper. Place it on the plate. Repeat until all batter is rolled into balls and covered in cocoa powder. Refrigerate balls 2-3 hours prior to eating. Buon appetite!
Inspire to aspire,
Author & Life Coach
Like this episode? Please share it! My blog, videos, and podcast are ad-free ONLY because you share my work!
– Hey y’all, KJ Simpson here. This is the all-inclusive lifestyle show and Mandy and I are in the kitchen again. We’re cooking – this time, we’re gonna sweeten things up a little bit. What do we have on the menu today, Mandy?
– [Mandy] We’re making truffles, chocolate truffles.
– We are making truffles. Now, hey, I know I’ve got your attention now, but we’re gonna make them a little bit different than perhaps you’ve eaten them before, so how are we gonna use these ingredients? I know we’ve got some avocados here so I’m assuming this is gonna be an avocado truffle.
– Well, partially true. Avocados is an ingredient in the truffles. It’s also going to be made with cocoa powder, coconut oil, coconut flower, two avocados, and of course, dates.
– Okay, let’s get started here. What’s first, Mandy?
– [Mandy] So we’re gonna start by adding the avocados first. Now that we have all the ingredients in the bowl, we’re gonna place it in a blender.
– We’ve got the avocado mixture here for the truffles, and I guess we’re dusting them with – this is cocoa powder?
– [Mandy] Yes.
– [KJ] Okay. Amazing. Essentially, you’re gonna be rolling them, dusting them, putting them on the plate, and are these ready to eat right now?
– Yes. You can either eat them right now, or if you want more of a colder truffle, you can stick it in the fridge for about 15 to 20 minutes.
– Amazing. A lot more recipes you can get. Our gift to you: we spent about a year in the kitchen coming up with our favorite recipes. This is definitely one of them for our sweet tooth. We both have one. Just go ahead and click the link below in this post and you can get your own all-inclusive recipe book. I’m wishing you all the best. Get yourself into the kitchen, start with these recipes as soon as you can. Until then, inspire to aspire.