How to Make Sweet Potato Toast
Let the Author of the bestseller the All Inclusive Diet and Lifestyle Coach KJ Simpson and Mandy show you how to make tasty sweet potato toast!
Let the Author of the bestseller the All Inclusive Diet and Lifestyle Coach Kris Simpson & Mandy show you how to make tasty sweet potato toast.
– 1 sweet potato
– toppings of choice
*Nut butter and berries
*Tahini with sesame seeds and goji berries
*Fried egg with sea salt and black pepper
*Avocado with sea salt, red pepper flakes, and black pepper
Slice the sweet potato lengthwise into 1/4 inch thick slices.
Place the sweet potato slices in a toaster on high for about 5 minutes or until cooked. You may need to toast multiple times depending on the length of your toaster settings.
Top with any toppings you desire!
Sweet potato toast slices can be stored in an airtight glass container for 3-4 days.
Inspire to aspire,
Like this episode? Please share it! My blog, videos, and podcast are ad-free ONLY because you share my work!
– If I was ever stranded on an island, I would take one– That was the knife.
– Hey friends, KJ Simpson here. I’m your host on the All Inclusive Lifestyle Show. Guess what? We got Mandy in the kitchen again.
– Doctor Mandy here to show us what we’re gonna do with Mr. Potato Head. It ain’t gonna be sweet potato pie today. What are we gonna be doing with this sweet potato?
– Sweet potato toast!
– Sweet potato toast! It sounds like a breakfast dish. Is that where we’re going with this?
– Yeah so, typically it’s a great breakfast idea. Also, it’s a great snack, so it’s very versatile that way.
– Yeah, I can tell you sweet potatoes are a bodybuilder’s best friend. It’s something that we use as a staple in our diets when we’re getting ready for shows. By the way, this can be used as a dog treat as well. I just recently learned this, that dogs go crazy over sweet potatoes. Cooked or uncooked, don’t feed them too much. But if you haven’t had your dog try a sweet potato apparently they love them. So, very, very versatile. We’re gonna be making toast with this. So we’ve already cut up some sweet potatoes here and, here’s a couple of slices. What are we gonna do? We’re gonna put them in the toaster. I’m assuming we’re gonna have to toast these for some time.
– So, they’re gonna be toasted twice. So as soon as the first cycle is complete you’re gonna put them in again for a second cycle.
– Excellent. And then we can get to the fun part and this is where we get all of our toppings. We got some really good toppings. So, what do we have today for toppings?
– Today, we have almond butter. You can use any nut butter that you’d like, but today we’re going to be using almond because it’s very spreadable. Then we have our bananas, followed by our strawberries, and then our blueberries. So you can top these as you wish. Also people take avocados and smash them on top of the sweet potato as well. Or you can put an egg on top. So whatever you kind of enjoy. Today we’re going to be using more of a fruity topping.
– Amazing. What a breakfast. So nutritious. I can tell you a little bit about sweet potatoes. If you’re interested in reducing free radicals, this is a free radical killer. Tons of vitamin A, tons of vitamin E. So if I was ever stranded on an island I’d wanna bring one of these with me because there’s so much nutrition in a sweet potato. Okay, so we’re using almond butter, but as you mentioned, other types of butters or spreads you could use. I have actually seen this recipe with Nutella being used.
– Of course, we can’t advocate Nutella, but, if you’ve got a sweet tooth, and maybe, hey, if it’s that odd treat, maybe once in awhile, Nutella is a great spread. Also, Tahini would be great along with your typical, natural peanut butter. What I can’t get over is this can actually be a breakfast. So, I would never imagine having sweet potatoes for breakfast but, now, after I’ve tried these, I can actually have something that’s so much more substantial for my breakfast.
– There we have it.
– Amazing. So, I’m gonna do the honors here. I’m gonna have a quick bite. Mm. Unbelievable. This is fantastic. Something you would never have thought that could be created. Mandy and Kris in the kitchen, exclusive recipes. You can go get that now. Just click the link below. And we’ll get that out to you ASAP so you can start cooking the things that we’ve discovered over the course of the year, as I’m still chomping on this sweet potato. So, go get that right now. Until our next video, my friend. Mandy and Kris will see you in the kitchen again and until then, you just keep on inspiring to aspire.